Friday, October 30, 2009
Schedule as follows:
YYC-ZRH Dep 1240 Arr 0955+1 (with stopover in Vancouver)
ZRH-YYC Dep 0925 Arr 1130
More details can be found on the Edelweiss website
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Earn up to 15,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you fly within Canada and between Canada and the US. Complete 3 one way flights to earn 3,000 bonus miles, complete 3 more (6 total) to earn another 4,000 bonus miles (7,000 total) and earn 8,000 more after completing another 3 (9 total). Full Details and online registration (Registration is required). The following routes qualify for this promo
* Halifax to Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
* Montreal or Ottawa to Halifax
* Toronto to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax
* London ON to Calgary
* Edmonton to Yellowknife, Toronto
* Calgary to Toronto, London ON, Yellowknife, Kamloops
* Vancouver to Toronto, Kamloops
* Kamloops to Calgary, Vancouver
* Yellowknife to Calgary, Edmonton
Between Canada and the U.S.:
* Montreal and Las Vegas, Newark, New York-LaGuardia
* Las Vegas, Newark, New York-LaGuardia to Montreal
* Toronto to Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Newark, New York-LaGuardia
* Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Newark, New York-LaGuardia to Toronto
* Edmonton to Los Angeles
* Los Angeles to Edmonton
* Vancouver to Los Angeles, San Diego
* Los Angeles, San Diego to Vancouver
Earn Double Aeroplan Miles for every roundtrip or 2 one-way segments in Executive First between Canada and
* Frankfurt, Munich, London, Zurich, Geneva, Paris, Madrid, Rome
* Tel Aviv
* Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul
* Lima, Bogota, Sao Paulo , Santiago , Buenos Aires , Caracas
Full Details and online registration (Registration is required).
Earn Double Aeroplan Miles for every roundtrip or 2 one-way segments in Economy Class between Canada and Geneva, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Santiago, Buenos Aires, or Sao Paulo Full Details and online registration (Registration is required).
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
On Iflycalgary you will see some new bonus offers from Air Canada (most of you probably know of them already), the resumption of flights to Calgary by Edelweiss (as commented by Dave in the post below) and YYC has revamped their website which means I'll give it a quick review.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Here it is straight from the Air Canada website:
"In our ongoing effort to deliver a superior level of service and reduce the problems associated with flight disruptions, we are proud introduce our new Delayed and Cancelled Flight Service.
Now, when an Air Canada or Jazz flight is cancelled or is expected to be delayed due to severe weather, you can search for another flight or cancel you remaining flight(s) online – no need to call Air Canada Reservations or see an Air Canada airport agent.How it works:
- If Air Canada advises you that your flight has been cancelled, or if severe weather conditions are expected to bring about a flight delay or cancellation, you may access the service online using your booking reference number and passenger name.
- If your flight has in fact been delayed or cancelled, the service will advise you, in many cases, that we have already rebooked you on an alternate flight, thus minimizing disruptions to your travel plans. Naturally, you’ll then be able to:
- View your new flight details (if you’ve been rebooked) and check in if your flight is eligible for online check-in,
- Search for another flight to your destination (no change fee will apply), or
- Cancel your remaining flights altogether.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
July saw a total of 1,146,411 passengers go through YYC, a 2.5% drop from 2008 and less then 1% lower then July 2007. Domestically July 2009 was actually 212 passengers higher then 2008, trans-border was down 2.1% but the big hit came Internationally with 21.2% less travellers!
August of this year was 2.4% less then last year with a total of 1,193,763 passengers with all three sectors (Domestic, trans-border and International) showing declines.
The declines of 2.5% and 2.4% are actually the best showings for the year as most other months were between 4-8% lower. The numbers however seem to confirm that we are slowly emerging from the economic crisis that has plagued the world for the past year.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Business Class (one-way) $500 off
Business Class (roundtrip) $1,000 off
First Class (one-way) $2,000 off
First Class (roundtrip) $3,000 off
Book online at Emirates
Friday, October 2, 2009
Speculation has it though that these flights will be load restricted as they push the range limitations of WestJet's 737 fleet. WJ has had diversions in the past on flights between Vancouver and Hawaii however I don't believe those flights were load restricted. If WestJet watches the weight limts closely then there should hopefully be no diversions for the YYC flights.
Overall I am excited about this as it means even more choice to one of my favourite destinations even if it is only for an 8 week period. Ultimately if Calgarians show their support for these flights then WestJet will be compelled to run them again for the 2010/11 winter season.
Flight times are as follows:
Calgary-Honolulu Dep 0730 Arr 1044
Honolulu-Calgary Dep 1145 Arr 1016
Calgary-Maui Dep 0730 Arr 2238
Maui-Calgary Dep 1145 Arr 2204
Flight times are as follows:
Calgary-Chicago Dep 0805 Arr 1220 (starts Apr 6)
Chicago-Calgary Dep 1515 Arr 2012 (starts Apr 5)
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Save an extra 25% on air travel to any of these great Florida desintations:
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
To begin your booking, select one of the above Florida destinations and your desired dates, enter promo code “GOFLORIDA” in the promo code field located on the bottom of the booking engine, and let the savings begin.