On March 30th you could officially start redeeming Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Miles for flights on Hainan Airlines. Right now they have great availability (at least 2 seats in Business Class) for the inaugural flight out of YYC as well as many more flights after that. Business Class is 50,000 Mileage Plan Miles one way and as you can see even with the $202 in taxes and fees you can save a bundle over what the going rate for the same seat from Hainan themselves.
If you don't collect Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles you should definitely look into them as not only can you use them on Alaska flights out of YYC but you can also use them on Hainan, British Airways, KLM, American and Delta flights out of YYC! They are a very useful currency for us Calgarians. You can jump start your Mileage Plan balance with the mbna Alaska Airlines MasterCard® credit card. Read our review of the card here.
|Mileage Plan availability for Hainan's inaugural flight out of YYC|
|and the cost if you were to buy the same ticket|
Alaska Airlines MasterCard® credit card
• Receive 25,000 Bonus Miles†† after your first eligible purchase
• Earn 1 Bonus Mile per $1 spent on every eligible purchase‡
• Earn 3 Bonus Miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, cargo purchases, in-flight purchases and vacation packages‡
• Receive an annual Companion Fare from $121 (USD) ($99 base fare, plus taxes and fees from $22)◊◊
• Redeem Miles for flights to over 700 destinations worldwide‡
• $75 annual fee